BERD Education working group (Goals)
This working group was formed in spring 2010, and is a subgroup of the BERD Online Resources Task Force. Our focus is on creating, organizing, linking, and managing educational materials primarily housed on CTSpedia.
These materials target two different audiences:
(1) For the non-Biostatistics/Epidemiology audience who could directly benefit from education,
we aim to collect PDF, PowerPoint, and video files that may be of direct interest to this audience, and to develop a repository of links to online educational material outside of CTSpedia.
(2) For the Biostatistics/Epidemiology audience, material falls into two categories:
(a) material for our own education, including short summaries of new and advancing topics of interest, and a bibliography with links (when possible) to relevant articles, and
(b) modifiable source files (LaTeX, PowerPoint, Word, and possibly associated R code), datasets, and worked examples for teaching.
Additional goals of this working group are:
(1) to work with the Strategic Goal Committee # 2 (https://www.ctsacentral.org/content/strategic-goal-committees
) to fill in gaps and otherwise assist in their core competencies for statistical education;
(2) to develop Biostatistics/Epidemiology material for teaching and training medical residents; and
(3) to use the membership in this working group for feedback for draft educational material being developed by BERD members.
Revised and adopted by the BERD Education working group – Jan 09, 2012
This topic: CTSpedia > WebHome
> EducationalMaterialsBERD >
Topic revision: 01 May 2012, MaryBanach
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback